Why Dr.Tejas V. Patel?
Dr Tejas V Patel is a young and dynamic Cardiologist in Ahmedabad, currently working as Non-invasive and Interventional Cardiologist at CIMS Hospital (Care Institute of Medical Sciences). He believes in evidence based ethical clinical practice.
Dr Tejas V Patel has been doing all types of cardiac interventions for the past several years including Coronary and Peripheral Interventions, implantation of Pacemakers and Heart Failure devices, interventions in adult Congenital and Structural heart defects. He has extensive experience in the field of Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting including PAMI in STEMI (heart attack) through radial approach. He also has keen interest in Peripheral Angioplasty including Renal and Carotid artery stenting.
Born in the historical land of Saurashtra, Dr Patel finished his school education from Junagadh. He completed his MBBS and MD (Medicine) from MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar. He achieved 2nd rank in the Saurashtra University in MD.
Dr Tejas V Patel pursued his super-speciality, DM in Cardiology from Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore; which is considered as one of the best medical institutions in India. He was awarded the prestigious “Dr G M Cherian gold medal” for ‘Best Outgoing Student in DM Cardiology’. He worked as Assistant Professor in this premier institute, after he finished DM. He spent almost four years at CMC, where he gained extensive experience in clinical, interventional and research work in the field of Cardiology.
Dr Tejas V Patel has wide experience of performing coronary angiographies and coronary angioplasties (majority performed through transradial approach). He is also trained for various peripheral vascular interventions including intervention in Takayasu arterities, Aortic aneurysm and dissection (EVAR and TEVAR procedures). Dr Patel has independently performed various diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures such as percutaneous ASD/VSD/PDA device closure, Balloon Mitral/Pulmonary/Aortic Valvulotomy and cardiac catheterization study with or without oxymetry of various congenital heart diseases. He has done more than 10,000 transthoracic echocardiography including paediatric echocardiography, Tissue strain/strain rate echo, 3D echo and trans-oesophageal echo (TEE).
Dr Tejas V Patel has participated in several original research projects and many of his papers have been published at National and International levels in reputed journals. He has also given presentation at various national conferences. He was selected for zonal round (among top 10) in Torrent Young Scholar Award (TYSA) competition during both M.D. [Mumbai, 2009] and D.M. [Bangalore, 2013].
- DM Cardiology: Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India (between 2011-2014)
- MD (Medicine): M P Shah Medical College & Guru Gobind Singh Hospital, Jamnagar, Gujarat (between 2006-2009)
- MBBS: M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat (between 1998-2004)
- Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (School): 1996 passed 10th from Carmel Convent School, Junagadh, Gujarat & 1998 passed 12th from Swami Vivekanand High school, Junagadh, Gujarat
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Care Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) Hospital, Ahmedabad – June 2015 till date
- Assistant Professor in Dept. of Cardiology, Christian Medical College (CMC) & Hospital, Vellore – Sept 2014 to May 2015
- Senior Registrar as DM Trainee in Dept. of Cardiology, Christian Medical College (CMC) & Hospital, Vellore – August 2011 to August 2014
- Registrar in Dept. of Medicine, M P Shah Medical College and Guru Gobind Singh Hospital, Jamnagar – 2006 to 2009
- Secured 1st rank in the final exam of DM Cardiology held in August 2014 by MGR University, Chennai
- Awarded Dr G M Cherian gold medal for “Best Outgoing Student in DM Cardiology” by Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore